Recent Key Achievements
- We’ve supported over 8,000 street, working, trafficked and at-risk children
- We’ve helped reduced child labour in Pokhara by 73%
- We’ve provided life skills training to 1,500 young people
- Almost 4,000 children have been supported into education
- 2,700 out-of-school children have received tailored non-formal education
- We’ve provided protective shelter for more than 300 girl victims of sexual abuse
- 1,400 children have been removed from the streets, labour or exploitative situations and returned home
Kidasha is a children’s charity that passionately believes that every child – irrespective of background, ethnicity or religion – should be safe from neglect, abuse or exploitation, and be given the best possible opportunities to fulfil their dreams.
For over 20 years, we have been working with local partners to improve the lives of some of the most marginalised and vulnerable children in Nepal, one of the poorest and most overlooked countries in the world.
We particularly support street children, child labourers and working children, victims of abuse, exploitation and modern-day slavery, and ‘out of school’ children living in urban slums.
Our support includes providing safe temporary shelter, access to learning, training and employment opportunities, life skills development, and group and individual guidance and counselling.